Wednesday, June 11, 2008

You're 10 seconds away from the most embarrassing moment in your life.

Game 65: Yankees

Yankees 3, A's 1
Record: 33-32
"I saw Rivera stretching and that gave me an idea," said Girardi, who considered going with Kyle Farnsworth in the ninth. "I wanted him to tell me."
Thank god Rivera picked up the phone and told Coach Joe he was fine to pitch, or I assure you Farnsworth would've blown this game. Two run lead, on the road, against the 6, 7 and 8 hitters = patented Kyle Dickface meltdown.

Rivera's save also allowed C.M. Wang to get his first win since May 2.

I think this random stat I found in the recap nicely sums up the season so far:
The Yankees (33-32) moved back above .500. They headed into Tuesday's game at .500 for the 22nd time, matching the 1959 Chicago Cubs for the most times at the even mark in major league history through 64 games, according to The Elias Sports Bureau.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to create my list of least favorite Yankees. Nick, you're a genius.

No comments: