Monday, June 02, 2008

What's Happening!!

Games 55 & 56 - Mets

Mets 6, Dodgers 1

Giants 6, Mets 0 [through one (1) friggin' inning]

Record: 28-27prettymuch28

So here I am, as eager to watch the New York Mets play baseball as I've been in quite a while. I'm not dreading the west coast swing like my MLC cohort does; I tend to be more of a night owl than Gramps Rob, anyway, and with the Mets recently super-charged, it oughta be enjoyable viewing. I'm even thinking about resuscitating my beer drinking from its late afternoon demise.

So I finish up the necessary chores before tuning in about 30 minutes late to the game in San Fran. I'm willing my TV screen to report something in the neighborhood of a 3-0 Mets lead.

Wow, right in my face. 6-0, Giants, still batting in the first. Hey, O.P., thanks for making the trip for your stellar 1/3 of an inning. Really.

Okay, deep breaths. Just one game, and now a good night's sleep is on the docket. The Mets' flight out was a bit of a debacle, Ollie is channeling his latter-day Bucs self, and the Giants . . . well, they pretty much suck. Claudio Vargas (Vargas!) is our only hope, that and the Mets' lineup shaking off the jet lag to locate its recent groove like lost luggage at SFO.

Good luck, and good night.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

O Perez (L, 4-4)
0.1 IP
5 H
6 R
6 ER
2 BB
0 K
2 HR
36 P - 20 S
5.70 ERA


That's a peach, hon.

Nick said...

Sounds like your Oliver Perez and my Adam Eaton should go bowling together.

Jerry said...

Imagine if you really screwed up at work and you realize that it could literally cost you millions in future earnings during the highest earning years of your life. That's Oliver Perez.

This bastard should be having a career year so that he can take the Mets to the playoffs, convince some idiotic mid-market team like Seattle to give him $70 million over 5 years and score a couple of draft picks for Omar to burn on college relief pitchers.

But no, he just screws it up.