Thursday, June 05, 2008

Tess of the D'Urbervilles

Game 62 - Red Sox

Red Sox 5, Rays 1
Record: 37-25

The Washington D.C. area experienced an "unprecedented" series of storms last night, with a series of tornados touching down and more than 400,000 homes without power for the better part of the evening. My humble estate is still sans electricity, meaning that a 6-pack of Dale's Pale Ale is growing dangerously warm, and a block of locally produced Havarti is reaching red alert stage. And some milk and stuff for the kids is spoiling, which I suppose is important, too.

As it relates to the Sox, the outage meant that I got to recreate my ancestors' ball-watching rituals (watching, Teejay, not what you were thinking - keep it clean), following along via candlelit mobile phone, just like Nuf Sed McGreevey did back at the turn of the 20th century.

So I know they won, and that Beckett and the relievers pitched well (Hansen included). And I know J.D. Drew stayed hot in the 3 slot. Apparently Coco Crisp's gonna get a ball to the ribs today because of a hard slide into Aki Owamura. And I'll get to follow along in similar fashion tonight. Light a candle for me.

Seriously. I need the light.

No comments: