Friday, April 03, 2009

Thanks for the Memories

I'm no Yankee fan, as you might have surmised, but even I send my well wishes to the legendary Bob Sheppard as he recovers from the bronchial infection that caused him to miss all of last season. If, as has been reported, the 98 year-old (!) Sheppard is forced to retire because of his illness, the game will be diminished for it, even if ever so slightly. He was as much a part of Yankee games as was the stadium, the pinstripes, and the ungodly greed and avarice of the owner. Here's hoping those pipes heal.

Oh, and I think we've got baseball next week. So that's pretty cool.

3 comments:

T.J. said...

I still hate you.

rob said...

forgive mark. a guy wearing a baseball hat once came onto him in the men's room of a dingy hotel bar. game's never been the same for him.

Mark said...

Not true, Rob. Though I was once hit on by a bartender at the College Deli in Williamsburg. Figures, nothing but queers in that town.