Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Short People

Game 1 - Red Sox

Red Sox 5, Rays 3
Record: 1-0

It may be possible for me to love Dustin Pedroia more than I currently do, but he'd have to pay my mortgage, marry one of my daughters, or do something commensurate. Imagine my delight then when the reigning AL MVP kicked off his 2009 campaign by hammering a James Shields fastball into the Monster seats. And when Josh Beckett resurrected Commander Kickass for 7 innings of 2-hit, 10 strikeout lethality, well, suffice it to say that this correspondent is pleased with the way the season began.

Hell, Jason Varitek homered. We really don't need to get much deeper into this, do we? Good, 'cause I feel like ever-lovin' shit. Whole mess of Nyquil and tormented sleep in my future. And, Lord willing, a Jon Lester anything-you-can-do-I-can-do-better response.

No comments: