Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink, and I Don't Love Jesus

Games 16 through 19 - Red Sox

Red Sox 5, Yankees 4 (11)
Red Sox 16, Yankees 11
Red Sox 4, Yankees 1
Red Sox 3, Indians 1
Record: 13-6

I just returned to the real world after a weekend spent celebrating the 40th New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival. You might forgive me, then, for placing Trombone Shorty, Amanda Shaw, Wilco, crawfish monica, Igor's, and Abita above the Red Sox for a few days. And the Sox seem to have done nearly as well as I did during my sabbatical, so it would seem to have been a banner weekend all the way around.

Whitney and I did manage to catch the final few frames of Sunday's game barside at Igor's, but even then, I confess to having been far more entertained by his jukebox selections than by the baseball. (Jacoby Ellsbury's baseline gamboling notwithstanding. That was pretty cool. And will likely get him a fastball in the ribs next weekend.)

My brain's still in the Big Easy, along with several million brain cells, so how 'bout we call it a wrap? The takeaway: New Orleans, awesome. Sox, playing awesome. Me, getting too old for this crap.

No comments: