Wednesday, April 29, 2009

9-11 Is a Joke

Games 15 through 20 - Mets

Cardinals 12, Mets 8
Mets 4, Nationals 3
Mets 8, Nationals 2
Nationals 8, Mets 1
Mets 7, Marlins 1
Marlins 7, Mets 4
Record: 9-11

My insight has less depth than Rob's, since I saw not one frame of Metball whilst relaxing in the Crescent City. I caught scores of the first two victories over the Nats and nodded: as it should be. I read of Ollie Perez's further removal from anything related to a return on investment and shook my head. Taking two of three from the gNats is underachieving for just about any team.

David Wright's penchant for the whiff is going to new lengths; when your SO total approaches your Total Bases tally, things aren't quite clicking. My idea that he should take BP off Ollie Perez hasn't been met with much support. Most folks think Ollie would plunk Dee-Dub or at least get him swinging at wild pitches even more frequently. I sort felt like it might boost his confidence, and/or he'd hit a comebacker that would let Omar off the hook.

Carlos Delgado's hip. Luis Castillo's spasms. Alex Cora and Fernando Tatis getting more at-bats. The pen blowing up a la 2008 and prior. Groan.

Omir Santos. Santana throwing today. Sigh.

9-11 is embarrassing. Be better.

No comments: