Games 43 through 47 - Phillies
Crushed the Jays
Crushed by the Jays
Nipped by the Braves
Stymied by los Nacionales
Edged los Nacionales
Record: 25 wins, 22 losses
- Something tells me that the clock radio in the Bronx is broken. This might well be the year the Yanks sleep in.
- Jason Varitek must know something. Tito better get the transition plan ready.
- Can anyone say they are honestly surprised about the state of affairs in Flushing Meadows these days? Honestly.
- Time is near for the Cubbies' June swoon followed by Mt. Sweet Lou erupting.
- I have always been indifferent to Chipper in Rafael Palmeiro sort of way.
- Who does Ryan Howard consult for hitting advice? I mean it.
- Does Bob Carpenter have a clue? He actually said without employing any qualifiers or caveats, unequivocally, that Ryan Zimmerman is the best young third baseman in the game. He also stated that the Phillies are having a disappointing season thus far. Alrighty then.
- I don’t like their nickname (old or revised.) I don’t like the fact that they are called Tampa Bay (as opposed to Tampa or St. Petersburg.) I certainly dislike their park and I detest their uniforms. However, it’s nice to see that wretched franchise turn it around after 10 years.
- The past 3 evenings, my nine year old son has tuned in a ballgame on the radio as I put him to bed. I am starting to suspect he has been abducted by aliens and replaced with a back-to-the-future Beaver Cleaver. It’s either that or he has been secretly reading Ray Kinsella. I will let you know if he requests to “have a catch.”
- Remember Whitney?