Saturday, April 05, 2008

Lies (And the Lying Liars Who Tell Them)

Game 6 - Red Sox

Blue Jays 10, Red Sox 2
Record: 3-3

My world is upside down. I can no longer trust anything I once knew to be true. I'm going to go turn on Rush Limbaugh, pour myself a Coors Light, and cuddle up with an Ann Coulter book. For Ken Tremendous hath lied to me.

David Motherbleeping* Eckstein drove in 3 runs this afternoon on a pair of rocket singles**, and he and the rest of his Blue Jay teammates watched with amusement as the Sox defense and relief pitching played a stirring game of charades, each racing to be first to pantomime "Last Train to Pawtucket". As it turns out, Kyle Snyder won, earning a DFA immediately after the last out of this throughly depressing contest.

(* Note: It's still early. The cursing will get more colorful as I get warmed up.)
(** Note: Rocket, in this case, is a synonym for "end of the bat bleeder".)

Saint Josh a Beckett, we turn our beseeching eyes to you.

No comments: