Monday, April 07, 2008

And this is the "pride" of Angel Beach...Anthony Tuperello, affectionately known as "Meat"

Game 3 - Yankees

Yankees 3, Blue Jays 2
Record: 2-1

I had not realized this, but Phil Hughes, at age 21, is the youngest pitcher in the bigs. And though he didn't get the win against the Jays, he gave Joe Girardi six innings of four hit ball, allowing two runs and striking out four. Rob's boy Joba got the win and Rivera did what he does...I'm telling you, I'll take 3-2 wins like this all year long. Besides, I'm pretty sure Robinson Cano won't hit .091 all year.

Here's a historically meaningless nugget: "Hughes became the youngest Yankees pitcher to start one of the first three games of a season since Hall of Famer Waite Hoyt started Game 2 in 1921, also at 21 years old." I only mention this because Whitney attended this game.

And yes, I've decided to call young Mr. Phil Hughes "Meat". Do with that what you will.

No comments: