Friday, September 26, 2008

Build Me Up Buttercup

Dear Lou-

Why do you build me up (build me up)
Buttercup, baby
Just to let me down (let me down) and mess me around
And then worst of all (worst of all) you never call, baby
When you say you will (say you will) but I love you still
I need you (I need you) more than anyone, darlin'

I know you gotta manage your club according to your own best interests but it was downright brutal watching a bunch of September call-ups march to the plate with runners on, inning after inning, against the dilapidated Mets bullpen in the torrential downpour. (By the way, does no one at MLB HQ get the Weather Channel? Why didn't they just move that game up to 3:30PM instead of playing in those conditions? Really?)

It was not so obvious to me last night what your motives were but now, thanks to the great baseball minds of Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic (that's sarcasm, of course) it has dawned on me that you want to play these Mets next week. And why not? If the Mets make it in, Johann can't go until Game 3 most likely. This beats playing those Dodgers who will have their rotation perfectly lined up and really, who wants to see Manny right now?

OK, Lou you got your wish and handed the Mets the game last night. How about disposing of the Brew Crew? Unless of course, your aim is to keep us out.

Chicken shit.

No comments: