Saturday, June 07, 2003

Who'll Stop the Rain?

Another rain-out today, which is bad for a number of reasons.

1. My hunker was down, and my team wasn't on.
2. See the Casey Stengel quote a few postings ago, and see the corresponding Mets doubleheader record.
3. All this rain is starting to get Biblical, and I haven't been to church on Sunday in a very long time.

Not much else to say, so I'll leave a trio of largely worthless snippets on the Mets' current status:

Swimming: Roger Cedeno (his average is up to .261, and his baserunning and fielding have been fairly unnoticeable of late)
Treading Water: Ty Wigginton (he is steady and consistent thus far, which is as much or more than was asked of him this year)
Sinking: Roberto Alomar (he actually warrants a full-on rant, but I'll wait till he gets even worse to expound; should be by this time next week)

No comments: