Friday, June 20, 2003

Game 71 - Red Sox

Red Sox 4, White Sox 3 (10)
Record: 41-30

I picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue. As a veteran fan of several frustrating Red Sox clubs in recent years, this season has been blissfully predictable from an offense standpoint. I know that the offense will put itself in position to score a good number of runs nearly every game. Knew, that is. Yesterday, the Sox got a single from Trot Nixon in the top of the 1st to cap a three-run rally, and then didn't get another hit until the top of the 10th. Hell, they didn't get a baserunner until the 7th. Thankfully, Derek Lowe, Jason Shiell, Alan Embree, and Brandon Lyon held down the fort and the hit they got in the 10th (Thank you, Billy Mueller) came around to score. I'm glad I'm not paid for productivity, because I would have owed my company money yesterday afternoon.

No comments: