Wednesday, April 09, 2003

Game 8 - Red Sox

Toronto Blue Jays 8, Red Sox 4
Record: 5-3

Just a quick note on this one, because I saw none of it, and read very little about it. Real life intruded, requiring me to get up at 5:00 a.m. for an early meeting, so this game is a blur to me. Lowe didn't pitch very well, and neither did the bullpen. The Sox got a bunch of hits, but couldn't capitalize.

It's a 162-game season, so the details go a bit wanting on a few games here and there. The Sox loss, combined with the abysmal D.C.-area weather (high 30s and raining - would you like fries with that pneumonia?), and a pronounced lack of sleep have me in a foul mood, as does the fact that the same Jays who rolled over like Heidi Fleiss against the Yankees found some spine against the Red Sox. Casey Fossum better pick me up tonight.

No comments: