Thursday, August 14, 2008

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Games 106 - 121: Yankees

Orioles 7, Yankees 6
Yankees 13, Orioles 3
Angels 12, Yankees 6
Angels 1, Yankees 0

Yankees 8, Angels 2
Yankees 14, Angels 9
Rangers 9, Yankees 5
Rangers 8, Yankees 6
Yankees 5, Rangers 3
Yankees 3, Rangers 0
Angels 10, Yankees 5
Angels 11, Yankees 4
Angels 4, Yankees 3

Twins 4, Yankees 0
Yankees 9, Twins 6 (12)
Twins 4, Yankees 2

Record: 64-57

By my shady math, 41 games to go...and it's looking pretty ugly folks. But much like Bluto (and unlike incessant gasbag Hank Steinbrenner), I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet. Sure, my boys in pinstripes have absolutely no shot at winning the AL East, being 10 back in the loss column from the Tampa Bay Rays (that is one odd thing to type), and also manage to trail both the Red Sox (6 in loss column) and Twins (4 in loss column) in the wild card race, but...ah fuck, where was I? This sucks something fierce. Where are the runs? Where are the quality starts? Where the hell is everybody? I'm not here to whine, I'm here because the court ordered me to be here.

How in the hell can the Yankees get back in the mix. Let's take a look at the upcoming two weeks, maybe that will help...
  • Three at home with the Royals over the weekend
  • Then six on the road against the Blue Jays (who are actually only 2 behind the Yanks in this wild card "race") and the Orioles
  • Back home for six against the Red Sox (hi rob!) and Blue Jays
...nope, that doesn't make me feel any better. Bartender, one bourbon, one scotch, one beer. Gracias.

I'm leaving tonight for Indianapolis, and will be hitting an Indianapolis Indians game tomorrow night (AAA affiliate of the Pirates, which is pretty funny to me, since I was pretty sure the Pirates were already a AAA outfit, but whatever). While in Indy, I'm going to distance myself from the Yanks, and hope this Royals series goes the way it has to for the postseason to be even a remote possibility. In fact, I hope the Indians' scoreboard doesn't even have major league scores, because if I see "Royals 12, Yankees 1" sometime Friday night, poor Indians mascot Rowdie is going to get knocked the f out.

6 comments:

T.J. said...

I can't believe I forgot to add this, but Robinson Cano, buddy, pal...get your act together. I don't know what the hell you were doing the other night against the Angels on that game winning single (dribbler), but it's not gonna fly. It's called hustle, look into assface.

Nick said...

I regret to mention that I actually attended an Indianapolis Indians game way back in 1997. Fun times. BTW - Be sure to say hello to Hensley Muelens.

T.J. said...

Bam Bam? I saw him play, more than once mind you, as an Albany-Colonie Yankee.

T.J. said...

Another Yankee note, because I know Brian Cashman reads this blog:

Call up Phil Hughes dipshit. He can't be any worse than Sidney "I ate Natalie Holloway" Ponson or Dan "Don't call me CEO Don" Giese.

rob said...

i worked with hensley meulens during my time as an employee of the prince william cannons.

T.J. said...

5-0 Royals in the 5th?

George is getting very upset.