Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Everyday Sunshine

Sox got rained out last night, meaning that they sweep the first series of the season against the Yankees, 1-0. Nice.

I'm leaving my job in 2 days, and my colleagues hosted a farewell Happy Hour for me last night, so a Sox rainout meant that I didn't miss anything. Even nicer, except for the hangover.

The rainout will be made up as part of a doubleheader, which means that the Sox and Yanks will play a 5-game series at Fenway in late August. Nicenice.

It's raining again today in Fenway, and the good people at weather.com indicate that it will continue to rain throughout the evening. Fortunately for me, I have a softball game - chalk up 1 more Sox game that I'll not miss. Even better, it's against the Blue Jays, who have been kicking the Sox' ass all over creation this season. A tidy little bow on this package of nice.

First good thing I've ever had to say about a rainout. How 'bout them meteorologists.

No comments: