Friday, December 21, 2007

The Chosen

Old friend Gabe Kapler returned to major league baseball after a one-season hiatus, signing yesterday with the Milwaukee Brewers for $800,000. That's a pretty good bargain for the Brew Crew; somebody needs to teach Gagne effective weight training techniques.

I love guys like Kapler, players who ricochet around at the bottom of the major league food chain with an attitude that says, "Yeah, I know I suck compared to a lot of these guys, but I love this shit and I'm gonna keep busting my tail until they make me leave." Eric Hinske was 2007's version on the Sox roster. Joe McEwing's another name that comes to mind, as are Chris Gomez and Damien Jackson. Who are your favorite scrubeenie good guys?

(For the record, a Google image search of 'gabe kapler' is a treasure trove of gay-friendly shots of our man oiled up in various poses. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just be careful, is all I'm saying.)

---------------------------------
Note - the fine gentlemen at Surviving Grady are evidently more secure in their manhood than I, as they went with one of the aforementioned photos as their lead. That, or they're gay. And you know how we feel about that.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Super Joe sometimes bugged me with an Ecksteiny rep but so little production, but he probably qualifies.

Chris Woodward and Damion Easley have been those guys for the Mets in recent years (David Newhan has not), but my favorite in this category is probably Danny Heep.

rob said...

sid fernandez is mentioned in the newly opened kirk radomski affadavit. that's...odd.