Friday, August 01, 2003

Game 108 - Mets

Brewers 4, Mets 3
Record: 44-64

There was a Mets game in the afternoon. I didn't realize it until I got home, and they'd already lost. I wasted my time working at work instead of following the team. Uh oh. That's not supposed to happen. Interest . . .waning . . . . . . must . . . ignore . . . reality . . .

Good news by way of comparison. Just when it was bumming me out that the Mets have dropped 20 more than they've taken, I observed the Detroit Tiger record of 28-78. Yikes. They'd have to win 50 in a row to break even. The sad news for the Tigers: they've only won up to four in a row this season, so it's probably unlikely. The sad news for the Mets: they haven't won four in a row this season.

And if you didn't see the 9th inning of the Orioles/Twins game last night, you missed the very definition of "pissing a game away;" worse, perhaps than the Benitez-led Mets ever chucked a win to the curb.

In psychiatry, I think they call this Deflection.

No comments: