Monday, April 19, 2004

Another quick note, as I'll blog the entire Yankee series after this morning's game. 11:05 am start, bright sunshine out my window, and a Palm Pilot full of meetings. What kind of idiot made this schedule? And by that, I mean my schedule, because I should have known damn well that today is Patriot's Day.

Not terribly upset about yesterday's loss - Lowe was pitching with way too much rest against a team that always hits him pretty well. Would have liked to see him throw more strikes, though. The bullpen, as it has been for the last week, was nails. The so-called "dregs" of the Sox bullpen - Mark Malaska, Phil Seibel, and Frank Castillo - held the potent Yankee lineup scoreless on two hits over the last 6 1/3 innings after Lowe gave up 7 tallies in the first 2 2/3 frames. More importantly, they gave Scott Williamson, Mike Timlin, Keith Foulke, and Alan Embree a day off, which may well prove critical today.

No comments: