Tuesday, June 30, 2009

No Time


6/3/09 - Phillies


39 wins, 34 losses - 1st place (by default) by 2.5 games over the Florida Marlins


I changed the format a little here because there was no damn way I was going to research the scores of every single game since I last posted. I suspect it was about 20 games ago or so and the Phils probably only won 6 of them. Perhaps if they'd won 14 of them, I'd be a little more industrious. I am afraid the combination of the cathartic 2008 season with the case study in mediocrity this year have left me completely uninspired.


Sooooooo with that being said, I think I will take the easy way out given my lack of inspiration and just treat the reader to what I like to call a "Larry King" post.



  • I hate interleague play. The only thing separating the Phillies from playing .600 baseball since opening day 2008 is interleague play. Their intraleague winning percentage is .599. It drops to .557 when you factor in their dismal 10 and 23 record vs. the Junior Circuit. I hate interleague play.

  • Whitney will forgive me for complaining about injuries but when you consider just how decimated the Mets have been this season, it's too bad the Phillies lost Myers for the season and his replacement Anotonio Bastardo as well as Brad Lidge, Raul Ibanez and Scott Eyre for the better part of June. The Mets have gone 9-17 in the month of June. Despite having much better luck with the injury bug, the Phillies have underachieved to the tune of 11 wins and 14 losses. Yet they have actually picked up 2.5 games on the Mets! Can you imagine if the Phils won 14? 5.5 games going into July is a lot nicer than 2.5. Granted, that's a glass half empty approach. Sorry Whitney.

  • How can a team be in first place with a lead off man whose OBP is .254 and a rotation that has only produced 34 quality starts with a bullpen that has blown 9 saves that I can count? Easy, its the NL lEast.

  • The Phillies are 13 and 22 at home. Quite miraculously, they sport a MLB best 26-12 road record.

  • On June 30, 2008, the Phils were 5 games above .500 and .5 games ahead of the Marlins, 3.5 ahead of New York.

See you all in about three weeks.

1 comment:

T.J. said...

Kalamazoo...you've got Larry...GO!