Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Whoomp! There it is!

2008 World Series Phillies vs. Rays

Game 1 in St. Petersburg - Cole Hamels vs. Scott Kazmir



Wow, I am really sorry I had to do that!

For the first time since the one hit wonder group Tag Team charted their sole #1 song in 1993, the team that inexplicably adopted that hideous affront to music has made it back to the World Series. I suspect there is a correlation there. The '79 Pirates are in year 29 of their mandated 50 year exile to the Gulag for adopting "We Are Family." Makes one wonder what song the 1908 Cubs adopted, eh?

I am excited to get this series underway. Sadly, I wish it were over already. I am not good with handling the drama. I'd rather be watching the highlights and leave the suffering to the masochists. Suffer I will though. Still, I have a feeling Cole Hamels just might be special as I am sure his mother says he is when he takes the hill tonight. It's what happens after that that scares me. Baby steps. Baby steps.

Let's get it on!

1 comment:

rob said...

so, fellahs, what's been going on? seen any good baseball lately?