Saturday, May 28, 2005

If You Called Me an Idiot Savant, You'd Only Be Half Right

Games 47 & 48 - Red Sox

Yankees 6, Red Sox 3
Red Sox 17, Yankees 1
Record: 26-22

Quick and dirty, stealing a few moments from drinking cheap wine and celebrating a holiday weekend, American-style.

Edgar Renteria's numbers since I excoriated him in this space: 11-for-19, 1 2B, 1 3B, 1 HR (GS-style), 5 RBI.

Wade Miller's numbers since I anointed him the Sox' no. 1 starter in this space: 2 IP, 7 ER, 6H, 3BB, 1K, 1L.

The Sox today after I lambasted their effort: 17-1 winners over the Yankees.

The lesson, as always...c'mon, don't make me say it.

And if today wasn't a pitch-perfect example of Whitney's thesis about our ability to be perfectly and completely wrong about our teams, well...work with me, I'm half in the bag. And to top it all off, I chose to stay entirely away from my television this afternoon, because I could not stand to sit through another Sox loss after last night's groin-kick. Super instincts, as always.

No comments: