Thursday, June 24, 2004

Games 69 through 71 - Red Sox
Quick and Dirty (and Shitty)

Red Sox 9, Minnesota Twins 2
Twins 4, Red Sox 2
Twins 4, Red Sox 3
Record: 40-31


My boss has been on vacation all week, leaving me in charge. Lesson: if being the boss means I have to work this hard all the time, I don't want to be the boss.

As for the Sox, I have little time, and little good to say, so here goes:

This team is playing like making the playoffs is a foregone conclusion - all they need to do is go through the regular season motions, and they'll wind up in the inevitable Good vs. Evil ALCS with the Yankees. Which is a load of crap. If they keep losing home series' to inferior opponents, they'll wind up squandering the most talented Sox roster in the last 30 years, which will piss me right off. I'm thisclose to getting really down on this team, because I believe in them so, so much, and they're not rewarding that belief. Turn it on, goddammit.

Gone for the weekend effective right now, so we'll see on Monday how my aimless missive from cyberspace impacts the Sox' performance.

No comments: